Warranties, indemnities and insurance contracts
This session will discuss the interplay between warranties, indemnities, insurance and limitations of liability, along with commentary on the future of insurance contracts.
- Effective contractual devices to minimise or avoid liability
- The legal difference between an indemnity and a guarantee
- Timeline and future of the insurance contract law review in New Zealand
- Third party access to liability insurance moneys under the Law Reform Act 1936
- Allocating post completion risks between the seller and the buyer
- How does warranty insurance impact the negotiation of warranties?
- Warranties for the purpose of contractual provisions or disciplinary provisions
- Caw law overview– how enforceable are broad indemnity clauses?