Successful contract negotiations strategies
This practical workshop will help you to hone your negotiation skills so that you can adapt your negotiation style and strategies to your circumstances.
- Selecting the negotiation style that suits the context and commercial circumstances
- Taking control of the timing and pace of a contractual negotiation
- Agreeing settlement parameters and walk-away positions
- Managing difficult clients with unrealistic expectations
Kiri Tahana, Partner, Kahui Legal
Warranties, indemnities and insurance contracts
This session will discuss the interplay between warranties, indemnities, insurance and limitations of liability, along with commentary on the future of insurance contracts.
- Effective contractual devices to minimise or avoid liability
- The legal difference between an indemnity and a guarantee
- Timeline and future of the insurance contract law review in New Zealand
- Third party access to liability insurance moneys under the Law Reform Act 1936
- Allocating post completion risks between the seller and the buyer
- How does warranty insurance impact the negotiation of warranties?
- Warranties for the purpose of contractual provisions or disciplinary provisions
- Caw law overview– how enforceable are broad indemnity clauses?